Discover creative jobs and opportunities in Lewisham.
Closing date: 02 Nov
Publishing Assistant Apprentice - Mack Books
Posted: 14 Oct
Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and updating press packs
- Researching new writers and journalists to work with
- Creating an outreach strategy for each book, drafting and adapting pitches for different publications
- Writing catalogue copy, press releases and social media content
- Research new initiatives for social media
- Research new partners for press, events and marketing
- Help organize book launch events and talks
- Design posters and other materials for events
- Participating in staff meetings
- Participating in press meetings with different publications
- Helping to maintain the website
- Contributing to our online video series, including pitching ideas and editing
- Producing sales materials
- Helping pack orders from our office
- Helping at book fairs
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action. You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Someone excited and curious to learn more about art book publishing
- Someone with writing, verbal, and organizational skills
- Someone collaborative and willing to work in a small team
- Someone keen to be involved in the many different aspects involved in publishing a book.
The working hours will be 10am – 5pm (30 hours), however we are open to flexible working requests. Benefits include 25 days of annual leave, not including bank holidays.
Please apply via link above!