Discover creative jobs and opportunities in Lewisham.
Closing date: 22 Oct
£37,491 - £39,462
Case Management Social Worker (Hospital)
Posted: 14 Oct
Our Enhanced Care and Support Teams are seeking experienced Qualified Social Workers and allied social care workers who present with a flair to work in such multi-disciplinary settings. We aim to provide a modern approach to everyday support challenges and case work that at times will need you to be proactive, decisive but needing to sometimes think ‘outside the box’. You will have an engaging mind set, relevant skills but a desirable good sense of humour who can work under pressures that these front line teams experience.
The approach is very person centred with a model of utilising an Asset Based Assessment Framework consistently supporting independence and engaging community partners to help us evolve and move forward. This is so that people can reach their optimum goals with least restrictive means and live within their local community assisted with our enablement focus where Rehabilitation is core in re-establishing function and ability.
You will be working within in a team that is passionate, caring, and proactive but with that brings a human and the sometimes necessary fun element required to instil good team work.
Our service users also come with a very vibrant and multi-cultural backgrounds requiring support plans that will maintain their place in the community and sometimes challenge the need for creative input to address their on-going independence.
You will also be working in partnership with our colleagues in Safeguarding, Quality Assurance, Continuing Healthcare as well as our local GP’s and health professionals. Our teams are made up of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Nurses and Social Workers and non qualified staff and cover our remit of A & E, Discharge to Assess, Complex Case team and community Assessment and treatment Team as well as the Brymore 25 bedded Rehab Unit.
You will be responsible for: ( applicable to post )
• Completing detailed s.9 Care Act of which will against the Asset Strength based theory,
• Completing Mental Capacity Assessments and Best Interest Decisions
• Completing Carers Assessments
• Undertaking s42 Safeguarding Enquiries
• Referring clients for specialist primary care support and third sector NGOs
• Risk assessment and management
• Court of Protection / High Court reports
University Hospital Lewisham is our main base but we also have other Hubs across the borough and at the Town Hall at Catford. Therefore travelling across the borough is a requirement of these roles.
We’re only 15 minutes from central London by train - and it’s quick and easy to get around the borough on public transport if you do not drive with a good network of buses.
• HCPC registered social workers who have been qualified before 2014 or who have undertaken and AYSE programme since that date
• Past / current Experience in a MDT or hospital environment
• Confidence Resilence and professionalism
• Analytical skills and a clear reflective approach
• Ability to make decisions as well as manage crisis when required
• Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and best practice
• A person who can work both independently, confidently whilst also stepping in and helping colleagues as and when required
• A worker with sound Care Act and Mental Capacity Act knowledge
(We may be able to offer newly qualified social workers an interview for those that have had relevant placements or previous experience and require a AYSE programme )
What can we offer you?
• Strong learning & development opportunities and your own focused development plan. We want you to grow in our organisation and contribute to the development of others
• Access to training and development with the Teaching Partnership and Goldsmith University on the CPD framework
• Access as a corporate member of the partnership to Research in Practice for Adults
• Regular and reflective supervision; supporting you to progress and reach your potential within our organisation as well access to monthly reflective practice groups
• Competitive salary and staff benefits
• Career average Pension scheme
• Paid Annual Leave
• Discounts to local retailers and services and the Civil Service Sports Club membership (small monthly fee)
Please apply via above link!